eSports are becoming more and more popular in India as well as the rest of the world. Some games that have a large number of players in India are League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and World of Warcraft. However, this doesn’t mean that these games aren’t popular everywhere else in the world!
What are eSports?
eSports are a form of competitive gaming that has grown in popularity over the past decade. They can be played on PCs, consoles, and mobile devices, and feature a variety of different games.
They are often broadcast online and can attract large audiences. Here is everything you need to know about them:
1. What are the basics?
eSports are a type of competitive gaming that takes place between teams of players. The players compete against each other in various video games, such as League of Legends or Dota 2, using various strategies and tactics. They can be played by individuals or teams, and some have large prize pools that can attract professional players.
2. How popular are these games?
They are growing in popularity at a rapid rate. In 2016, global revenues from eSports were estimated to be worth $696 million. This number is expected to grow dramatically in the coming years, as more people become aware of the phenomenon and participate in competitions.
3. What video games are used for eSports?
They can be played on a variety of video games, including League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Call of Duty: ModernWarfare, and Heroes of the Storm.
4. How do I watch eSports?
You can watch them online, usually through streaming platforms such as Twitch or YouTube. Alternatively, they can be watched in person at various events around the world.
The Different Types of eSports
There are a variety of eSports games, each with its own unique rules and competitive format. Here’s a look at the most popular types of games:
1. First-person shooter (FPS) games, such as Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield, are popular for their fast-paced action and strategic gameplay. FPS games are often played competitively online or in small group settings.
2. MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games, such as League of Legends and DOTA 2, are based on two teams of five players fighting each other in a virtual arena. The goal is to destroy the opposing team’s base while protecting your own. MOBAs are very popular worldwide and are frequently played in professional tournaments.
3. Fighting game tournaments, such as Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, pit characters from different installments of these franchises against each other in a battle to the death. These tournaments tend to be much more intense than MOBA tournaments and can attract large crowds of spectators.
4. Racing games, such as Forza Horizon 4 and Gran Turismo Sport, have become increasingly popular among eSports gamers due to their intense competition and stunning graphics. Players use various techniques and strategies to navigate around the track and earn as many points as possible.
5. Card games, such as Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering, are becoming increasingly popular among eSports gamers because of their fast-paced gameplay and strategic elements. Players use cards to build decks and compete against other players in head-to-head matches.
The Top eSports Games Played in India
ESports is booming in India, with its passionate and dedicated fan base fuelling the growth of the industry. Indian gamers are some of the most engaged in global tournaments, with top games such as DOTA 2, League of Legends, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) widely popular among them. Here’s a look at the five most popular eSports games played in India.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
CS: GO is a first-person shooter (FPS) game that is based on the popular Counter-Strike mod series. It was developed by Valve Corporation and was first released in October 2012. CS: GO is one of the most popular eSports games in the world, with millions of people playing it online at any given time. It is definitely the number one game in India!
Dota 2 is one of the oldest and most popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games in the world. It was created by Valve Corporation in 2009 and has since been played by millions of people across different platforms, including PC, Mac, Xbox One, and mobile devices. In 2019, Dota 2 was awarded ‘Game of the Year’ at The Game Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
League of Legends
League of Legends is a 3D-action MOBA game that pits teams of five players against each other in a race to destroy their opponent’s base. The game is based on characters from the popular Warcraft III mod Defense of the Ancients. League of Legends was developed by Riot Games and was first released as a free-to-play game on Steam in October 2009.
Hearthstone is a digital collectible card game (CCG) that was developed by Blizzard Entertainment and was first released in March 2014. Hearthstone has become one of the most popular eSports games in the world, with millions of people tuning into professional tournaments each year.
The Future of eSports in India
There is a lot of potential for eSports in India. Gaming is a popular pastime in the country, and many people love watching professional athletes play. There is also a growing interest in eSports among young people. This is because it is easy to learn how to play and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
There are several organizations working to promote eSports in India. These organizations help organize tournaments and events, and they provide support to amateur players.
They also create content related to eSports so that people can learn more about the phenomenon. You can also read the latest news on online magazines like Lottoland.
There is still a lot of work that needs to be done to promote eSports in India. However, the growth of the market indicates that it is here to stay.
India is one of the fastest-growing gaming markets in the world, and eSports is no exception. In 2018, there were an estimated 162 million active gamers in India, which is expected to reach 277 million by 2024. As eSports grow in popularity in India, so too does the number of competitive games being played. If you’re looking to get your business involved in this growing market, we hope this article helped!