Today, many universities, schools and businesses simply cannot do without electronic tools for creating courses. Such tools are part of the software that allows you to design various content and add various elements to it.
With the help of such technologies, you can gamify courses, create many animated elements, quizzes, and other interesting and varied things. eLearning authoring tools have a wide variety of capabilities designed to develop both the most simple courses and complex educational programs. The capabilities of each individual system differ depending on its features and purpose.
eLearning tools and distance education software are slightly different things. Software is a fairly broad concept that includes various groups of electronic tools. These can be, for example, LMS systems that are engaged in administration, reporting and tracking user actions. Or it can be special development tools that are needed to create a variety of courses.
The best e-learning authoring tools share some common features. For example, they allow you to personalize the created content as much as possible and adjust the courses to the right audience.
They also make the development of an educational program as convenient and easy to understand due to a clear interface. Moreover, such technologies make it possible to analyze the creation of courses and make the necessary changes to them without much difficulty.
Let’s look at examples of the top e-learning tools.
1. iSpring SuiteThis tool has the necessary arsenal of functions to create the most diverse and effective content. It has a clear interface and extensive features that can be fully understood in a short time. This allows you to start creating content almost immediately after purchasing a subscription. The program allows you to design courses based on PowerPoint presentations.
This system is connected to the cloud, so you can download courses directly on the Internet. All created content can be reused if needed. Plus, if necessary, all information can be uploaded to the cloud and accessed offline. All in all, iSpring Suite is a great system for creating relevant and interesting content for an educational program. Read more.
2. Adobe CaptivateThis program is great for designing both simple and really complex educational content. This tool is quite complex and has at its disposal a huge set of different functions. They allow you to create very diverse, effective and detailed courses, however, it will take some time to fully understand all the features of the system.
At the same time, if you need to make a very simple and understandable course, it will not take much effort. Adobe Captivate is an application that needs to be installed on your computer and is suitable for both Windows and Mac. Using this technology, you can gamify your content in order to involve the audience in the learning process as much as possible.
This tool also allows you to use simulation, do quizzes, screen recording, and much more. However, the downside is the complexity of learning and the inability to simultaneously work on content for several people.
3. Articulate RiseIt is a simple and effective tool for developing a variety of courses. The functionality of the program is enough to perform all the necessary tasks. The interface of this system is simple and clear, and also allows you to quickly figure out how to use all its features. Articulate rise is great for creating interactive content with graphic elements and various entertainment aspects.
The program has ready-made templates that further speed up the design of courses. Users also have the ability to reuse content as many times as needed. Moreover, due to the connection with cloud servers, several people can work on content creation at the same time, which is very efficient and convenient.
4. dominKnow ONEThis is a great tool for creating courses, which has a lot of functionality at its disposal, which, however, is not so easy to understand. The program has various templates, which in some moments simplify the creation of content. This system is great for designing adaptive courses using modeling and interaction elements.
There is also the possibility of working together on an educational program, which is a huge plus. dominKnow ONE allows you to use the same content multiple times and make any necessary changes to it. This tool has the ability to import from PowerPoint, as well as export and import translations from various languages.
5. GomoIt is a cloud-based e-learning system that allows you to quickly develop content. The program has extensive opportunities for designing effective and interesting courses, however, the more complex they are, the longer you will have to understand the individual functional features of this system. A big plus is that Gomo has a lot of templates that make it possible to speed up the process of working on the final product.
The platform also allows you to choose the language for students or employees of business companies in which they will take the course. At the same time, this tool has a certain disadvantage. It lies in the fact that a person will not have the opportunity to monitor how the final form of the course looks as it is being developed. Gomo has a responsive feature that allows you to adapt content to any digital device. In general, this is a very convenient tool for working on content.
All these tools are most effective for certain tasks. They are suitable for developing a variety of courses for various fields of activity. However, before you start working with one of them, you need to decide on a specific list of your goals so that you can choose the most suitable option for you.