Many individuals do not interpret the results or impacts of plagiarism. This word is just not about copying phrases and pasting them. It also involves paraphrasing and summarizing other people’s ideas. ThesisHelpers.com will give some tips on how to produce articles without any plagiarism. It will rescue you from unprepared trouble of plagiarism.
Now you have your assignment and that your deadline is in 2 days. And it is that time when you have other things also to do. The assignment may not be challenging, and you want to write about specific events in history without having the element of plagiarism. This website will show tips on how you may come about this problem.
Plagiarism is something that involves copying other people’s work. However, most times, students do not intentionally do it. But it is a common thing in writers who are beginners.
To escape the trouble of plagiarism, one needs to know the don’ts and do’s of writing.
Why do writers take summarizing as plagiarism?
We first need to understand what it means to have excellent quality writing, to answer this question. If you research your content well, plan it well, elaborate well, and your original work. Then this is the work that most writers consider to be of quality.
Summarizing is regarded as plagiarism because the ideas are not original. By definition, academic writing is supposed to bring out new ideas. Paraphrasing and summarizing the ideas of other people does not make them new. Even if plagiarism tools will not capture these ideas, your tutor or supervisor has come across these sources. The paraphrased ideas will be picked out.
There are a lot of stages that writers go through when writing their content.
When and why do they say that article is having the element of plagiarism?
- This process involves using someone’s time to come up with an article. Whenever the deadline is closer, students often try to hurry to finish their work. Now since someone has issues completing his work in time, he looks for another plan to finish his work. Hence they go, and other person’s work, and it results in plagiarism. Avoid this trap by beginning to work on your paper as soon as the assignment is issued. Waiting until the last minute puts you at the risk of plagiarism.
- When a student doesn’t plan well, it can also result in plagiarism. One will have a good idea. But if he does not have a good plan. He will go off track. These situations make the person writing use other more straightforward methods available.
- Using someone’s views, ideas without appreciating his efforts by acknowledging him is an act of plagiarism. It is the reason citations exist in academic writing. As you research, do not just write down the idea. Note the book, author, page, and other details you will need in your citations and bibliography. Do not enter ideas into your paper unless you are sure they are original or have cited the original owner.
- If one does not cite articles properly, he will fall victim to plagiarism. Learn different formatting systems and strictly adhere to the rules. Remember that a different person will be reading your paper. He or she does not know what you imply in your writing. It would only lead to confusion. Avoid such confusion by following citation and formatting rules.
- Failure to research thoroughly- the literature review section helps you to understand what other writers think about the topic. In the process, you avoid repeating similar arguments or claiming that they are yours. You may also disagree with an idea yet it has already been proven in a book that you did not read. To avoid this mistake, ready high quality and thoroughly researched books whenever you are writing a research paper.
What plagiarism leads to?
- In the academic field, plagiarism is a very big problem. Let alone theme and ideas. There are also times where people use answers without any citations of the source. These incidents often result in the paper’s cancellation and spoil the reputation of the person writing. Reputation damage will follow you long after graduation. In case a student perusing through your paper finds plagiarized ideas, your qualification may be recalled, leading to embarrassment and lost career potential.
- When someone copies and pastes someone else’s work, it results in the deduction of marks. This only happens in lenient cases. Understand the steps taken by your department to curb plagiarism and it will tell you how serious this crime is in academic circles.
- Also, when someone prints documents that have a copyright mark on them is also a crime. It can lead to an arrest of an individual.
Avoid plagiarism by all means. Take your time to develop new ideas. Read deeply and enhance the quality of your paper using the strongest ideas possible.
How to summarize without plagiarism
- Choose the idea that you need to summarize. Avoid the common ideas when picking your topic. The challenge is that common ideas could have been summarized many times, making them difficult to find a new angle. Pick unique ideas instead so that your paper can read differently and new to many readers.
- Read the sources and information. If you have very many sources where you can access information, read through and understand them. Then get the right source to use. Do not disregard sources that do not agree with your perspective. Remember that scholars are not restricted from disagreeing. What an academician does is to prove your point beyond reasonable doubt. As long as you can support your position with credible evidence, it will be approved.
- Use your words since you have the reference you need. Use your own words to explain the point you want to advance. This is especially important for plagiarism checkers. Do not repeat the same word structure since the software will catch you. Make a unique description that will even take a longer time for the most seasoned scholar to recognize the idea.
After knowing how to summarize your work without the element of plagiarism, check your work through a plagiarism checker to confirm that there is no plagiarism.