Stud dream or STI nightmare? TheSite.org works out the pros and cons of no-strings sex.
- Sex is fun, sex is fun, sex is fun. Did we mention that sex is fun?
- Just for the thrill of it. People often fantasise about sex with strangers, and the ONS allows you to live out that fantasy and try out things you may be too scared to do with someone you know.
- No fear of commitment for all you phobics out there.
- "You STUD you," pulling a babe, be you male or female, will boost your social status no end.
- No sitting by the phone waiting for a call, you both know the score
- Sex for its own sake can be fun - providing you're playing safely (carry condoms) and both know what you're getting into beforehand.
- Brewers droop, often one-night stands involve lots of alcohol and poor sex, but on the plus side you probably won't remember in the morning
- One-night stands (which usually involve passion and drunkness) increase your chances of catching an STD - be sensible about contraception
- A bad idea if you really like them in a 'spend the rest of your lives together dream world' kinda way. If they thought it was just one fun fling, or worse a drunken mistake, you will get hurt. Be open about your intentions before you get up close and personal.
- Your temporary partner may go on to sleep with one or more of your mates, and then compare notes. The shame of it all.
- Danger in strangers: make sure you let someone know where you are off to - a sneaky text to your best mate should do it.
Read the comment policy
Use our free question and answer service and speak to an expert!