- Under 19? You can get confidential help with self-harm from ChildLine – either over the phone or through an online chat.
- If you have questions about self-harm you can use selfharm.co.uk's Ask a question service. Or look at the questions that have already been answered.
- TESS text and email support service runs Monday to Friday from 7pm to 9pm for girls and women aged under 25. Text them on 0780 047 2908.
- Anyone can contact the Samaritans on their 24-hour helpline to talk things through. 08457 90 90 90
- Visit Madly in Love to discuss mental health and relationships, share stories and get support and advice.
- Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
- Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
By Julia Pearlman
Updated on 07-Aug-2014