Got a question for an expert?
Get help and support by submitting a question to one of our advisors through askTheSite.
Need someone to talk to? Check out our message boards - a safe space to talk about whatever's on your mind :)
Local advice finder
Search our database of more than 16,500 local, regional and national organisations which offer advice and support.
Dodgy landlord? Mortgage muddle? Tenancy troubles? Whether you're worried you've got nowhere to live or you don't know how to leave fast enough we've got the answers to a host of housing questions. Either browse through them or search for the answer you're looking for.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask a question here.
- The dotted lineDo I have to pay rent twice if he doesn't sign?
- Increasing costsCan they really increase my rent by so much?
- Noisy neighboursCan I stop them making so much noise?
- Locked outCan they change the locks without telling me?
- Expensive extensionCan they start building work without telling me?
- Compensation claimHe didn't make the repairs, can we make a claim?
- Rental requirementsCan we rent a home that isn't a student house?
- Tenancy disagreementHe's broken the terms of our contract, can we go?
- She's my ex, get her out of hereDoes my ex have any right to stay in my home?
- Elusive landlord Can we force our landlord to make repairs?