The fundraising survey
We wanted to find out if you are interested in raising money for charity, and more specificially for TheSite.org itself. Here's a run down of your views on fundraising and what you think would work effectively on the website.
- Over 200 people took part in the survey
- Over 25 year olds were the best represented age group followed by 17-18 year olds
- Over two-thirds of the respondents were women
- 7% of those taking part were under 16
Charity activity and knowledge
First off we wanted to know whether you were aware that TheSite.org was a charity and actually the majority, 61% of respondents, didn't know.
However, this wasn't to say you aren't interested in charity activity. A whopping 83% would want to take part in fundraising activities or events and 53% see themselves as irregular donors contributing to charity through collection tins, sponsored activity or sponsoring others. The same percentage would also try to convince their parents to donate.
What would you do to raise money?
- Complete an overseas challenge: 11%
- Take part in mobile recycling: 23%
- Buy branded TheSite.org merchandise: 13%
- Use product promotions or an online shop: 27%
- Get involved in sponsored activity: 18%
Your original fundraising ideas
- Sell TheSite.org merchandise
- Sell printed T-shirts
- Organise sponsored activity connected to TheSite.org meets
- Make private messaging facility fee paying
85% of respondents said they would like to see an online shop incorporated into TheSite.org while the remaining 15% weren't fussed either way. The two areas that you thought would generate interest in an online shop were discounts (45%) and exclusivity (26%). Interestingly, 72% also thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to raise money from adverts on TheSite.org.
Areas you would like to see included in a shop
- Holiday/Travel: 11%
- Going out: 19%
- Mobile phones: 10%
- Clothes: 16%
- Electrical brands: 13%
- TheSite.org branded items: 13%