Commenting on our articles
When you comment on an article or video on TheSite.org, there are a few rules we ask you to follow.
Hi, and thanks for commenting on TheSite.org.
We want to make sure TheSite.org is a safe, respectful environment for all our users. For this reason we pre-moderate all comments. Your comment may not appear for up to 24 hours.
If you see a comment that worries or upsets you, you can report it by clicking the 'report' button found on the bottom right-hand side of each post.
Lots of people use commenting to ask for help with a problem. We will always try to respond, usually within three working days. Please note though that we don't respond to comments at weekends and that at certain times of the year, like Christmas, service may be slower.
- Harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise unlawful posts are not permitted.
- The owners of TheSite.org have the right to remove, edit, move or close any threads or posts for any reason and without notice.
- Posting spam (unsolicited advertising) is not permitted.
- Links to inappropriate websites (hateful, defamatory or illegal) are not permitted.
- If you're looking for users to help on projects or surveys or if you are a member of the press looking for people to contribute to articles or stories you must first obtain permission by contacting TheSite.org staff.
- Quotes from other sources or sites must also include the URLs of where you found them.
- Anonymity is important on TheSite.org. If you know who someone is offline, or engage with them on other websites, keep their identity to yourself. There is also no need to mention users' online activity away from TheSite.org.
- You will respect the opinions of others. Just because you don't agree, it doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks on that person.
- We won't allow comments detailing drug use (dosages etc) or methods of self-harming.
- If you're seeking advice then we recommend you visit askTheSite to receive a personal answer to your question, from an expert, within three working days.
- Please keep comments on topic - if you'd like to chat to other users, visit our discussion boards.
We will ban people who continually refuse to work within these rules.
All messages express the views of the author and not those of TheSite.org or YouthNet, the charity behind TheSite.org.