- Under 19? You can get confidential help with self-harm from ChildLine – either over the phone or through an online chat.
- Anyone can contact the Samaritans on their 24-hour helpline to talk things through. 08457 90 90 90
- RecoverYourLife.com is an online community where you can get peer support for self-harm and other mental health problems.
- TESS text and email support service runs Monday to Friday from 7pm to 9pm for girls and women aged under 25. Text them on 0780 047 2908.
- Share your thoughts and stories about self-harm by video, picture or words at selfharm.co.uk.
- Got a question about friends, dating, love or family life? Ask one of our trained advisors. This service is free and totally confidential.
- Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
- Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
By Anthony Burt
Updated on 03-Mar-2014