- Under 19? You can get confidential help with self-harm from ChildLine – either over the phone or through an online chat.
- Anyone can contact the Samaritans on their 24-hour helpline to talk things through. 08457 90 90 90
- RecoverYourLife.com is an online community where you can get peer support for self-harm and other mental health problems.
- TESS text and email support service runs Monday to Friday from 7pm to 9pm for girls and women aged under 25. Text them on 0780 047 2908.
- Share your thoughts and stories about self-harm by video, picture or words at selfharm.co.uk.
- Visit Madly in Love to discuss mental health and relationships, share stories and get support and advice.
By Anthony Burt
Updated on 07-Aug-2014