I live in a rented flat and a new neighbour has just moved in below us. He's started making loads of noise throughout the night - so much so the bass of the music makes my bed shake!
I went round to talk to him about it, but he couldn't hear the doorbell so I ended up knocking on his window to get his attention. He was really aggressive with me and told me to F-off before I'd even asked him to turn the music down. I was really taken aback but then he started threatening me and my boyfriend, saying we could sort it out here and now and that he would 'have' him.
The noise continued and I felt so scared and unsafe that I called the Police but they said it wasn't really a problem and they couldn't do anything about it.
As the Police have refused to do anything, I am at a loss for what to do. I'm scared to approach this man again and feel intimidated by him. Where can I get help to resolve this?
- Shelter's advice website for young people offers help with housing problems and a free helpline 0808 800 4444.
- The Citizens Advice Bureau has a great Advice4Me page, which explains legal rights specifically for under-25s.
- Got a question about friends, dating, love or family life? Ask one of our trained advisors. This service is free and totally confidential.
- Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
- Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
back to top