Do you have a fear of dust or computers? These phobias may not be that common, but they are very real for a small proportion of society.
- Amathophobia: fear of dust
Only your mum can save you.
- Arachibutyrophobia: fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth
Run your tongue across that palate, baby.
- Barophobia: fear of gravity
- Cacophobia: fear of ugliness
Common terror among TheSite.org staff, on entering the tech dept.
- Cyberphobia: fear of working with computers
Common terror among TheSite.org staff, period.
- Ithyphallophobia: scared of erections
Is that a rolling pin in your pocket, or are you trying to terrify me?
- Kyphophobia: scared of stooping
Little old ladies fill you with great dread.
- Metrophobia: fear or hatred of poetry
I wandered lonely as a... ouch!
- Octophobia: fear of the figure 8
Look, you gave me a tenner, I owe you two quid back, whaddayamean keep the change?
- Ophthalmophobia: fear of being stared at
You looking at me? Yeah? Well, I don't see anyone else in the room, so you must be looking at me, ponk.
- Optophobia: fear of opening one's eyes
Ohmygod! Straight ahead! They're all naked! See, that cured you.
- Panophobia: scared of everything
Arrggggghhhh, make it stop!!!!!!!!
- Peladophobia: fear of bald people
You long to see the comb-over come into fashion.
- Phasmophobia: fear of ghosts
I see dead people. No really. Come back!
- Phobophobia: fear of fear
Phobia for the post-modernist in your life.
- Plutophobia: fear of wealth
We can help you out, if your money is a problem.
- Pogonophobia: fear of beards
Tug on my mutton chops, baby!
- Russophobia: fcared of Russians
Do you have the briefcase? Hey, where you going?
- Satanophobia: fear of satan
Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh, sorry. Did we scare you?
- Thermophobia: fear of heat
Come now, it's a very popular magazine, with celeb gossip, pics, reviews . . .oh, the wrong kind of heat.
* All jokes aside, if you have a phobia that's causing you distress and making life difficult for you, find out more about phobias and anxiety by contacting the National Phobics Society on 0870 122 2325.
Read the comment policy
Use our free question and answer service and speak to an expert!