Got a question for an expert?
Get help and support by submitting a question to one of our advisors through askTheSite.
Need someone to talk to? Check out our message boards - a safe space to talk about whatever's on your mind :)
Local advice finder
Search our database of more than 16,500 local, regional and national organisations which offer advice and support.
Mental & Emotional Health Q&As
From depression and self harm to phobias and PMS, mental health problems can affect anyone. So if you're trying to work out what's going on or need to get a handle on a situation, you're in the right place. Search or browse the archive to find out more.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask a question here.
- He's refusing helpCan I have my brother sectioned?
- Time to speak up?How can I get treated for selective mutism?
- Fear of the unknownI'm terrified of having a psychotic experience.
- Out and troubledI'm out and I'm being bullied at work.
- Listen up doctor!Why won't my doctor take action over my condition?
- Scared of the psychiatristWhat will happen when I go to see a psychiatrist?
- Can I be sectioned?I can't stop self-harming, can I be sectioned?
- Big BrotherHow can I get my overweight brother help?
- False realityHow can I help my Mum with her paranoia?
- The secret historyDo I have to tell my employer my medical history?